This class will be released on April 14th. Once the class becomes available you’ll receive access via email.
This is an online masterclass and will be taught via video tutorials and accompanying downloadable PDFs.
About this class
During this comprehensive Baking Fundamentals online masterclass, you will learn all the essential skills and science of baking a perfect sponge cake every time. This masterclass is suitable for anyone wanting to learn how to bake the perfect cake, from professionals honing their techniques, to eager home-bakers alike.
We’ll teach you our fool-proof techniques needed to bake, cut and fill with Swiss meringue buttercream, and cover a single tier cake. You will learn a variety of different sponge and Swiss meringue buttercream recipes.
As well as learning how to bake a perfect sponge, you’ll learn how to cover your cake with a smooth professional buttercream finish, and decorate with edible petals and ingredients.
The cake you make in class is also suitable for stacking as part of a tiered cake, and you will have a delicious creation of your own to take home.
This online masterclass is suitable for anyone wanting to learn how to bake the perfect cake, from professionals honing their techniques, to eager home-bakers alike.
What you will learn:
- How to bake our signature Vanilla or Raspberry & Vanilla cake recipe and bake a perfectly moist sponge every time.
- How to avoid common baking problems – a sinking sponge, a large dome, baking evenly all the way through, burnt edges.
- How to adapt the recipe for other flavours (Raspberry & Vanilla, Chocolate, Sicilian Lemon, Provence Lavender, and Rose).
- How to make deliciously flavoured Swiss meringue buttercreams.
- Layering and filling your cake with the buttercreams.
- How to colour and flavour American style buttercream to cover your cakes with.
- Crumb coating and smooth, flawless covering with American style buttercream.
- How to decorate your cake with edible petals and ingredients.
Skill level: Beginner or Intermediate
- Price: £215.00 incl. VAT
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any online class or course bookings. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course.
Copyright: All content on the ‘Rosalind Miller Cakes’ and ‘Confection by Rosalind Miller’ website, our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and LinkedIn pages are the intellectual property of Rosalind Miller Cakes Ltd.
You may not use videos, pdfs, designs, lesson formats, photographs, handbooks, techniques, correspondence, or any other elements of the Rosalind Miller Online Cake School’s course(s) for your own classes or the promotion of your classes.
You may not use the items you have created during any Rosalind Miller Online Cake School course(s) to promote your own course(s).
If this happens you may be subject to legal action against you and your business. By attending our Masterclasses or Diploma courses you agree not to copy or imitate any Rosalind Miller content for commercial purposes.