You can choose to partake in just one individual Diploma module and receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence OR complete the full five modules to receive your Master Diploma Certification.
Renowned for her show stopping floral cake creations, Rosalind has written this course to share with you with everything you need to know to be able to confidently make stunning wedding cakes decorated with beautiful sugar flowers. You’ll learn many commercial techniques completely bespoke to Rosalind, while gaining the confidence to work with the key materials and equipment needed for sugar flowers. Whilst the flowers are taught in our signature style, the skills and processes can be applied to a wide variety of other complex and realistic flowers.
Not only will you learn how to make a stunning selection of sugar flowers, you’ll also have technical guidance on how to design a cake with sugar flowers and safely attach them to your cake in a variety of styles. This class is aimed to develop your own design ethos, so that you create a cake that is completely unique to you and your signature style.
You’ll also be able to take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), you’ll also meet Rosalind and the team for Q&A where you can ask any cake questions you may have.
What you will learn:
- How to work confidently with flower paste.
- A guide to the essential tools and how to use them for making sugar flowers.
- How to make wired petals using our quick and easy technique.
- How to make ‘pulled’ flowers, without the use of cutters.
- How to assemble the various elements of the wired flowers together.
- How to make wired and veined leaves.
- How to realistically colour your flowers and foliage using edible dusts.
- How to safely and securely arrange your sugar flowers onto a cake in different designs.
- How to design and decorate your cake with sugar flowers.
- Fantasy Flowers
- Lily of the Valley
- Old English Roses (David Austin Roses)
- Tea Roses
- Briar Roses
- Open and Closed Peonies
- Leaves and Foliage
What you will take home:
Upon completion of this module you will receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence
- Your full collection of beautiful sugar flowers
- A tiered dummy cake decorated with a selection of your beautifully styled sugar flowers.
*Please note, the images are for illustrative purposes only and you won’t recreate the exact image during the class, but you will create elements shown in all of the images.
Max students: 10
Skill level: Beginner or Intermediate
- Price: £1195.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10.30am – 5.00pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances, including if we do not have the minimum number of students booked onto the class. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.