You can choose to partake in just one individual Diploma module and receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence OR complete the full five modules to receive your Master Diploma Certification.
Using our signature methods, you will learn how to expertly decorate your designs with a core selection of techniques such as Royal icing, metallics, hand painting, and sugar flowers to mention a few.
We will teach you the foundations of preparing a tiered cake with a flawless finish and beautifully sharp edges and we’ll cover all the tiny details to ensure success every time in your production and delivery.
Not only will you leave with a blueprint for professional tiered cake making, you’ll also be inspired and guided in using your own creativity to create your own beautiful and unique designs.
You’ll also be able to take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), you’ll also meet Rosalind and the team for Q&A where you can ask any cake questions you may have.
What you will learn:
- How to neatly trim, layer, fill and crumbcoat your cake to give a perfectly even finish.
- How to neatly cover your cake, polystyrene dummy and base board with sugarpaste.
- How to safely and securely dowel and stack a tiered cake.
- How to cover cupcakes with sugarpaste to achieve the perfect domed effect.
- How to use silver leaf to create a metallic finish on your cake in different styles.
- How to create a painted pearlised finish.
- How to work with royal icing: dots, lines, swags, monograms, writing, run outs, pearlized brush embroidery.
- How to decorate cookies with a selection of techniques.
- How to use moulds, and how to use them to make a moulded frame
- How to transfer your own designs onto the sides of cakes and cookies.
- How to paint with edible paints onto fondant, including mixing and layering colours.
- How to create stunning hand modelled sugar roses and sugar blossoms.
- How to make a statement sugar dahlia flower.
What you will take home:
Upon completion of this module you will receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School – Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence.
A selection of beautiful cakes suitable for a celebration, to share or to keep on display as an example of your work.
- A stunning three tiered wedding cake (dummy and real cake), decorated with a royal iced monogram framed in a hand moulded frame, pearlised brush embroidery, silver leaf and all topped with a statement sugar dahlia flower.
- 6 sugarpaste domed cupcakes topped with hand modeled roses and blossoms.
- 12 cookies, decorated with pearlized brush embroidery, monograms and moulds.
- A beautiful hand painted dummy cake.
*Please note, the images are for illustrative purposes only and you won’t recreate the exact image during the class, but you will create elements shown in all of the images.
Approx. students: 10
Skill level: Beginner or Intermediate
- Price: £1375.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10.30am – 5.00pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. We recommend taking out the appropriate insurance to cover your costs incase you are unable to attend for any reason. If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances, including if we do not have the minimum number of students booked onto the class. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.
Copyright: All content on the ‘Rosalind Miller Cakes’ and ‘Confection by Rosalind Miller’ website, our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and LinkedIn pages are the intellectual property of Rosalind Miller Cakes Ltd.
You may not use designs, lesson formats, photographs, handbooks, techniques, correspondence, or any other elements of the Rosalind Miller Cake School’s course(s) for your own classes or the promotion of your classes.
You may not use the items you have created during any Rosalind Miller Cake School course(s) to promote your own course(s).
If this happens you may be subject to legal action against you and your business. By attending our Masterclasses or Diploma courses you agree not to copy or imitate any Rosalind Miller content for commercial purposes.