You can choose to partake in just one individual Diploma module and receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence OR complete the full five modules to receive your Master Diploma Certification.
Using our signature methods, you will learn how to expertly decorate your designs with a core selection of techniques such as Royal icing, metallics, hand painting, and sugar flowers to mention a few.
We will teach you the foundations of preparing a tiered cake with a flawless finish and beautifully sharp edges and we’ll cover all the tiny details to ensure success every time in your production and delivery.
Not only will you leave with a blueprint for professional tiered cake making, you’ll also be inspired and guided in using your own creativity to create your own beautiful and unique designs.
You’ll also be able to take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), you’ll also meet Rosalind and the team for Q&A where you can ask any cake questions you may have.
What you will learn:
- How to neatly trim, layer, fill and crumbcoat your cake to give a perfectly even finish.
- How to neatly cover your cake, polystyrene dummy and base board with sugarpaste.
- How to safely and securely dowel and stack a tiered cake.
- How to cover cupcakes with sugarpaste to achieve the perfect domed effect.
- How to use silver leaf to create a metallic finish on your cake in different styles.
- How to create a painted pearlised finish.
- How to work with royal icing: dots, lines, swags, monograms, writing, run outs, pearlized brush embroidery.
- How to decorate cookies with a selection of techniques.
- How to use moulds, and how to use them to make a moulded frame
- How to transfer your own designs onto the sides of cakes and cookies.
- How to paint with edible paints onto fondant, including mixing and layering colours.
- How to create stunning hand modelled sugar roses and sugar blossoms.
- How to make a statement sugar dahlia flower.
What you will take home:
Upon completion of this module you will receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School – Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence.
A selection of beautiful cakes suitable for a celebration, to share or to keep on display as an example of your work.
- A stunning three tiered wedding cake (dummy and real cake), decorated with a royal iced monogram framed in a hand moulded frame, pearlised brush embroidery, silver leaf and all topped with a statement sugar dahlia flower.
- 6 sugarpaste domed cupcakes topped with hand modeled roses and blossoms.
- 12 cookies, decorated with pearlized brush embroidery, monograms and moulds.
- A beautiful hand painted dummy cake.
*Please note, the images are for illustrative purposes only and you won’t recreate the exact image during the class, but you will create elements shown in all of the images.
Approx. students: 6
Skill level: Beginner or Intermediate
- Price: £1425.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10.30am – 5.00pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
BOOKING CONDITIONS, REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
We are unable to offer any refunds should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your Masterclass or Diploma course at Rosalind Miller Cake School. If you are unable to attend and wish to book onto a different Masterclass or Diploma course this may be possible in some circumstances, dependent on availability and at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. Any transfers will incur a £25 administration fee per Masterclass or Diploma module. We recommend taking out the appropriate insurance to cover your costs in case you are unable to attend for any reason. No part of this course and its materials may be reproduced or used in any manner for commercial use. You may use course materials for personal use only.
We reserve the right to cancel a Masterclass or Diploma course under certain circumstances. In the unlikely event that this happens, we will reschedule the Masterclass or Diploma course date and offer students a transfer to the rescheduled date, or if the new date is not convenient, we will offer a transfer to an alternative class or online class. We will endeavour to advise students as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.
COVID-19 – If we are required to cancel classes or close Rosalind Miller Cake School due to government restrictions surrounding COVID-19, we will issue all students with a Credit Voucher which can be used to re-book at a later date. We will endeavour to reschedule the class/es and offer students a transfer to the rescheduled date, or if the new date is not convenient, we will offer a transfer to an alternative class or online class. These students will be given first refusal for any new dates announced.
If we are still able to run classes, but you are unable to attend for any reason (for instance should any student be required to self-isolate, they will not be permitted to attend Rosalind Miller Cake School) and this will be treated as a cancellation. Students may only be transferred to another date/class if Rosalind Miller Cake School is able to resell their original place to another student.
Copyright: All content on the ‘Rosalind Miller Cakes’ and ‘Confection by Rosalind Miller’ website, our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and LinkedIn pages are the intellectual property of Rosalind Miller Cakes Ltd.
You may not use designs, lesson formats, photographs, handbooks, techniques, correspondence, or any other elements of the Rosalind Miller Cake School’s course(s) for your own classes or the promotion of your classes.
You may not use the items you have created during any Rosalind Miller Cake School course(s) to promote your own course(s).
If this happens you may be subject to legal action against you and your business. By attending our Masterclasses or Diploma courses you agree not to copy or imitate any Rosalind Miller content for commercial purposes.