This is an Advanced Diploma Module, and can be attended with or without previous attendance of our other Master Diploma Modules.
This Advanced Module focuses on how to transform your fondant cakes with innovative and on-trend techniques. The vast variety of skills covered will include; textured fondant, wafer paper and ruffled fabric effects, marble and stone effects with embossing and painted relief techniques, wafer paper and rice paper flowers to mention a few.
We will teach you how to cover tricky and difficult shapes, such as double height cakes and square designs, using foolproof and easy methods. Ensuring that with every order and cake you make, you have the confidence to create your designs with ease to the highest professional standard.
Rosalind and her tutor team’s natural style of teaching will undoubtedly give you the confidence in yourself and your abilities as a cake artist and designer to make the most striking and stunning cakes.
You’ll also be able to take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), you’ll also meet Rosalind and the team for Q&A where you can ask any cake questions you may have.
What you will learn:
- How to emboss fondant.
- Working with edible wafer paper to create textured effects and interesting and tactile surfaces.
- Edible wafer paper ruffled fabric effects techniques.
- How to make translucent rice paper and wafer paper flowers.
- How to apply and paint abstract washes and patterned backgrounds onto your cakes.
- Creating marbled painted effects.
- Various stone and imprinted pattern effects.
- Painting with edible metallic paints to highlight varying textures, shapes and edges.
- Painting relief textured flowers with Royal Icing using palette knife effects.
- How to expertly cover a square cake using the panelling method, to give you sharp and crisp edges.
- How to safely and securely prepare and stack and double height cake for safe transportation and delivery.
- How to cover with ease a double height cake, with a neat and clean finish.
- How to professionally use fondant on dummy cakes, real cakes and baseboards.
What you will take home:
A selection of beautiful cakes suitable for a celebration, to share or to keep on display as an example of your work.
- A sensational single tier double height real cake; hand painted with a beautiful textured background and decorated with abstract painted relief flowers
- A striking single square dummy cake, decorated with textured wafer paper and translucent rice paper flowers.
- An exquisite single tier ruffled wafer paper fabric effect dummy cake with a fantasy wafer paper flower
- An ethereal two tier marbled dummy cake with painted, abstract washes, stone and imprinted effects with rice paper flowers
Upon completion of this module you will receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Advanced Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence
*Please note, the images are for illustrative purposes only and you won’t recreate the exact image during the class, but you will create elements shown in all of the images.
Approx. students: 6
Skill level: Previous experience of working with Fondant is preferred. You are not required to have completed any of the other diploma modules to attend.
- Price: £1,545.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10am – 5.00pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
BOOKING CONDITIONS, REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
We are unable to offer any refunds should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your Masterclass or Diploma course at Rosalind Miller Cake School. If you are unable to attend and wish to book onto a different Masterclass or Diploma course this may be possible in some circumstances, dependent on availability and at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. Any transfers will incur a £25 administration fee per Masterclass or Diploma module. We recommend taking out the appropriate insurance to cover your costs in case you are unable to attend for any reason. No part of this course and its materials may be reproduced or used in any manner for commercial use. You may use course materials for personal use only.
We reserve the right to cancel a Masterclass or Diploma course under certain circumstances. In the unlikely event that this happens, we will reschedule the Masterclass or Diploma course date and offer students a transfer to the rescheduled date, or if the new date is not convenient, we will offer a transfer to an alternative class or online class. We will endeavour to advise students as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.
COVID-19 – If we are required to cancel classes or close Rosalind Miller Cake School due to government restrictions surrounding COVID-19, we will issue all students with a Credit Voucher which can be used to re-book at a later date. We will endeavour to reschedule the class/es and offer students a transfer to the rescheduled date, or if the new date is not convenient, we will offer a transfer to an alternative class or online class. These students will be given first refusal for any new dates announced.
If we are still able to run classes, but you are unable to attend for any reason (for instance should any student be required to self-isolate, they will not be permitted to attend Rosalind Miller Cake School) and this will be treated as a cancellation. Students may only be transferred to another date/class if Rosalind Miller Cake School is able to resell their original place to another student.
Copyright: All content on the ‘Rosalind Miller Cakes’ and ‘Confection by Rosalind Miller’ website, our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and LinkedIn pages are the intellectual property of Rosalind Miller Cakes Ltd.
You may not use designs, lesson formats, photographs, handbooks, techniques, correspondence, or any other elements of the Rosalind Miller Cake School’s course(s) for your own classes or the promotion of your classes.
You may not use the items you have created during any Rosalind Miller Cake School course(s) to promote your own course(s).
If this happens you may be subject to legal action against you and your business. By attending our Masterclasses or Diploma courses you agree not to copy or imitate any Rosalind Miller content for commercial purposes.