We’re very excited to launch this brand new class teaching our latest technique. Learn this unique and never-before-taught, contemporary cake decorating finish to create beautiful textured floral cakes. This trendsetting new technique was recently developed by Rosalind.
During this creative two day masterclass, you’ll learn to perfect Rosalind’s palette knife painting technique with royal icing to achieve the ‘Windswept Blossoms’ style, and how to apply this technique to your own designs. This comprehensive class covers all aspects of Rosalind’s textured decorative technique to achieve a a beautiful abstract, impressionist finish.
As well as learning this stunning technique, you will also learn how craft extremely unusual and delicate translucent rice paper flowers to pair with your painted designs. These contemporary flowers have a unique glass-like effect, and can be made in a multitude of different styles.
With our expertise and years of experience, not only will we teach you these wonderful techniques, you’ll also perfect our fool-proof methods for covering a double height cake, and how to stack an on-trend, tall and narrow three tier cake.
This masterclass is suitable for any skill level, for those wanting to create unique and contemporary cakes, and learn the beautiful ‘Windswept Blossoms’ technique from the originators at Rosalind Miller Cake School.
On top of all the skills and techniques, you’ll take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), as well as meeting Rosalind and the team for a Q&A. Plus there’ll be lots of useful hints and tips to take home, learned and developed over the years.
N.B. This masterclass uses dummy cakes.
What you will learn:
- How to make a three tiered, on-trend tall and narrow cake
- How to cover with ease a double height cake tier, with a neat and clean finish
- How to professionally cover dummy cakes and baseboards in fondant with perfect sharp edges
- How to make translucent rice paper flowers, each wired so that they can be easily assembled onto your cakes
- How to effectively colour and lustre your translucent rice paper flowers
- How to distress and paint fondant to create a textured finish
- How to apply and paint abstract washes and patterned backgrounds onto your cakes
- Achieving Rosalind’s ‘Windswept Blossoms’ effect by painting textured floral relief patterns with Royal Icing using the palette knife technique
What you will take home:
Upon completion of this Masterclass you’ll receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Certificate of Excellence
- Your three tiered dummy cake decorated with a floral palette-knife pattern and rice-paper sugar flowers
*Please note, the images are for illustrative purposes only and you won’t recreate the exact cake during the class, but you will create elements shown in all of the images.
Max students: 10
Skill level: Beginner or Intermediate
- Price: £465.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10.30am – 5.00pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances, including if we do not have the minimum number of students booked onto the class. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.