Learn how to create this vibrant watercolour buttercream cake decorated with macarons, meringues and fresh flowers.
We’ll show you how make smooth Swiss meringue buttercream before layering and filling your cake for an even finish. How to stack and dowel a cake to create a double height size, before flawlessly buttercream icing with razor sharp edges.
You’ll learn how to use colours to create a contemporary watercolour buttercream effect, and how to use macarons and meringues to decorate with, and how to prepare and decorate with fresh flowers and foliage.
At the end of the class you’ll have a beautiful creation of your own to take home and share, and all the of skills and techniques to make your own unique designs.
And during the day you’ll also take an exclusive tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), as well as meeting Rosalind and the team for a Q&A, during which you can ask all your burning cake questions and learn her tips and tricks developed over 20+ years of design training.
(Nb. this class uses pre-baked cakes)
At the end of the course you’ll receive a Rosalind Miller The Studio Certificate.
What you will learn:
- Our fool-proof TIPS on baking the perfect sponge including our signature Vanilla cake recipe, and how to adapt the recipe to different flavours (please note, the sponge cake will be pre-baked for you)
- How to make smooth Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- How to layer and fill a cake
- How to stack and dowel a very tall (double height) cake using 7 layers of cake (2 cakes iced together as one)
- How to trim a cake for a perfect even finish
- How to crumbcoat with buttercream
- How to cover a cake with a final layer of smooth buttercream for a flawlessly sharp edged finish
- How to colour buttercream and create a contemporary coloured and textured watercolour effect with the buttercream
- How to safely prepare and decorate your cake with fresh flowers
- How to use meringues and macarons to decorate with
Max students: 12
Skill level: Beginner or Intermediate
- Price: £225.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10.30am -4.30pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
What you will take home: A delicious and beautifully decorated cake to share with friends and family.
What we provide: We will provide the pre-baked sponge cakes you will decorate during the class.We have a fully equipped, purpose-built studio, and provide all the tools and equipment you need during the class, as well as an apron to wear during the class (to be returned at the end of the class), and a box to take your cake home.
What you need to bring: Please bring a comfy pair of clean shoes (you will be standing for a large part of the class), something to tie your hair back, and a large sturdy bag (or two) to take your cake home in. We recommend driving or taking a cab home if possible. For lunch there are plenty of local cafes and shops within a few minutes of our studio.
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances, including if we do not have the minimum number of students booked onto the class. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.