During this highly requested masterclass, we’ll teach you our tried and tested professional techniques, honed over many years of commercial cake-making, to achieve ‘The Perfect Finish’ for your cakes, each and every time. Spread across 2-days, this jam-packed class covers the foundational techniques for finishing both buttercream and fondant cakes to highest standard.
We will teach you our fool-proof techniques to get that sought after perfect finish, including clean sharp edges, flawless icing and neatly stacked tiers.
This masterclass is suitable for anyone wanting to learn how to master their cake finish, from professionals honing their techniques, to eager home-bakers alike.
And on top of all the skills and techniques, you’ll take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), as well as meeting Rosalind and the team for a Q&A. Plus there’ll be lots of useful hints and tips to take home, learned and developed over the years.
N.B. This masterclass uses pre-baked cakes and dummies.
What you will learn:
- How to achieve ‘The Perfect Finish‘ using both buttercream icing and fondant icing
- How to make and use Belgian chocolate ganache as an undercoat for flawlessly smooth icing
- How to perfect neat, sharp fondant edges
- How to make silky smooth buttercream (Swiss Meringue and American)
- How to layer, fill and trim your pre-baked sponge cakes for an even filling and smooth outer finish
- How to get a super smooth covering of buttercream with sharp edges
- Assembling a perfectly stacked buttercream iced two tier cake, safe for transport
- How to cover cupcakes with smooth fondant iced domes, ready for piping and decorating
- How to make royal icing for decorating with and stacking cakes
- How to pipe designs with both Royal icing and buttercream icing
What you will take home:
Upon completion of this Masterclass you’ll receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Certificate of Excellence
- A two tiered buttercream iced cake to be eaten or decorated at home
- A single tier fondant iced dummy tier suitable for stacking and decorating
- A box of 6 fondant iced cupcakes ready for decorating
*Please note, the images are for illustrative purposes only and you won’t recreate the exact cake during the class, but you will create elements shown in all of the images.
Max students: 8
Skill level: Beginner or Intermediate
- Price: £465.00 incl. VAT
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances, including if we do not have the minimum number of students booked onto the class. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.
Copyright: All content on the ‘Rosalind Miller Cakes’ and ‘Confection by Rosalind Miller’ website, our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and LinkedIn pages are the intellectual property of Rosalind Miller Cakes Ltd.
You may not use designs, lesson formats, photographs, handbooks, techniques, correspondence, or any other elements of the Rosalind Miller Cake School’s course(s) for your own classes or the promotion of your classes.
You may not use the items you have created during any Rosalind Miller Cake School course(s) to promote your own course(s).
If this happens you may be subject to legal action against you and your business. By attending our Masterclasses or Diploma courses you agree not to copy or imitate any Rosalind Miller content for commercial purposes.