You can choose to partake in just one individual Diploma module and receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence OR complete the full five modules to receive your Master Diploma Certification.
This is the Professional Diploma Module where we show you exactly how we do things in our own prestigious kitchen! You’ll learn some of Rosalind’s delicious recipes, including her signature Vanilla sponge and velvety Belgian Chocolate cake. Plus, we’ll show you ways that you can adapt the core recipes to create other exciting flavours. You’ll then learn how to expertly prepare your cakes for both sugarpaste and buttercream, each with a flawlessly smooth finish and sharp edges.
We will guide you through the technique of safely and securely stacking your cakes and discuss important factors such as delivery and set-up.
Not only will you learn our fantastic repertoire of recipes, we will also show you a selection of decorating techniques including buttercream finishes, piped flowers and marbled sugarpaste including a gorgeous workshop on using and decorating with fresh flowers.
You’ll also be able to take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), you’ll also meet Rosalind and the team for Q&A where you can ask any cake questions you may have.
Our aim with this module is that you leave with the confidence and the ‘know-how’ to make that your cakes both look and taste fantastic. You’ll leave the class with a selection of beautiful centerpiece creations that you can use for your own portfolio or just to enjoy and share.
What you will learn:
Baking, Layering and Finishing touches
- Learn how to make the perfect sponges to use for layered cakes, stacked cakes and cupcakes.
- How to make smooth Swiss Meringue buttercream
- How to neatly trim, layer, fill and crumb-coat your cake for a perfectly even finish.
- How to make and use ganache as an undercoating, helping you achieve a perfectly smooth, sharp edged finish.
- How to achieve a flawless buttercream coated cake.
- How to neatly cover your cake and base board with sugarpaste.
- How to marble sugarpaste.
- How to securely dowel and stack a tiered cake.
- How to safely prepare and decorate your cake with fresh flowers.
- How to colour buttercream and create stunning painted palette knife effects on your cake.
- How to make beautiful piped buttercream flowers and use them to decorate your cupcakes.
- How to pipe perfect swirls to decorate your cupcakes.
- How to adapt the Rosalind Miller signature sponge recipe for other flavours.
- How to scale up and down your recipes.
- Portion size
- How to avoid common baking problems– a sinking sponge, a large dome, even bake, burnt edges.
Vanilla – Mauritian vanilla sponge with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream and English raspberry conserve
Belgian Chocolate – rich Belgian chocolate sponge with Belgian chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream
Raspberry & Vanilla – fresh raspberry and Mauritian vanilla sponge with raspberry Swiss meringue buttercream
Sicilian Lemon Cupcakes – zesty lemon sponge with a lemon buttercream
What you will take home:
Upon completion of this module you will receive a Rosalind Miller Cake School Diploma Module Certificate of Excellence
A selection of beautiful cakes suitable for a celebration, to share or to keep on display as an example of your work.
- A delicious two tiered stacked cake, decorated with a marble finish and fresh flower posy.
- A stunning layer cake decorated with on-trend buttercream techniques and fresh flower posy.
- 12 Zesty Lemon cupcakes decorated with piped buttercream flowers and perfect swirls.
*Please note, the images are for illustrative purposes only and you won’t recreate the exact image during the class, but you will create elements shown in all of the images.
Max students: 8
Skill level: Beginner or Intermediate
- Price: £1195.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10.30am – 5.00pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances, including if we do not have the minimum number of students booked onto the class. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.