The Complete Decorated Wedding Cake Course is our definitive wedding cake course, covering everything you need to know to make a professional wedding cake from start to finish. Our fully comprehensive course is suitable for budding cake-makers starting a business; to more experienced cake-makers looking to improve their skills; and anyone in need of hands-on skills and techniques.
During the class you’ll make a three tiered version of this elaborate floral cake, decorated in your own unique take on our signature ‘wildflowers’ style. You’ll learn every step in creating a professionally finished cake, including; baking, layering and filling; ganaching and flawless covering; how to stack your cake securely; a masterclass in a variety of beautiful sugar flowers; and finally designing, arranging and decorating your own cake with your sugar flowers.
The flowers are taught in our signature style and the skills and techniques you will learn can also be used for different varieties of sugar flowers and cake designs.
You’ll leave the class with a blueprint for professional wedding cake making, as well developing your own artistic flair and inspiration for creating your own unique designs.
On top of all this, you’ll take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), as well as meeting Rosalind and the team for a Q&A. Rosalind will be ready to answer your burning questions, divulging her secret skills and tricks of the trade developed over a decade of cake decorating and 20+ years of design training.
At the end of the Rosalind Miller certified course you’ll receive a Rosalind Miller The Studio Certificate of Excellence in The Complete Decorated Wedding Cake Course.
What you will learn:
- How to bake a perfect sponge cake in our signature Vanilla cake recipe (you’ll be baking one real tier and using two dummies)
- How to adapt this recipe for our different signature flavours (Raspberry & Vanilla, Chocolate, Sicilian Lemon, Provence Lavender, and Rose)
- How to make silky and light Swiss meringue buttercream (with instructions and recipes for adapting for different flavours)
- How to make chocolate ganache for covering cakes
- How to ganache your cake for a perfect smooth and professional finish
- How to flawlessly cover your cake tier with sharp edges (as seen on all contemporary wedding cake designs)
- How to flawlessly cover dummies with sharp edges
- How to neatly cover a cake board for your tiered cake
- How to safely and securely stack a three tier cake (safe to transport)
- A masterclass in a variety of the most popular sugar flowers (wired and non-wired), including peonies, anemones, and garden roses
- How to make wired jasmine and cherry blossoms, and wired leaves
- How to realistically colour your flowers with pretty edible dusts
- How to decorate and arrange your flowers on your cake in our signature organic ‘wildflowers’ style, using your own artistic flair
- How to adapt what you have learnt to create your own unique designs
- How to neatly finish your tiers with ribbon
- Dependant on the speed of class and how much time is left, we may also cover some piped royal icing decoration techniques
- Price: £840.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10.30am -4.30pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
What you will take home: A stunningly decorated three tier cake made during the class.
What we provide: We have a fully equipped, purpose-built studio, and provide all the tools and equipment you need during the class, as well as an apron to wear during the class (to be returned at the end of the class), and a box to take your cake home.
What you need to bring: Please bring a comfy pair of clean shoes (you will be standing for a large part of the class), something to tie your hair back, and a large sturdy bag to take your cake home in(if travelling by train). We recommend driving or taking a cab home if possible. For lunch there plenty of local cafes and shops within a few minutes of our studio.
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances, including if we do not have the minimum number of students booked onto the class. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.