This course covers the most popular statement sugar flowers, made with more complex techniques, including; old English roses (David Austen roses), cattleya orchids, peonies and anemones. The course is ideal for intermediate students who would like to perfect their sugar flower skills, and also for beginners looking to learn these specific flowers.
With the skills and techniques taught on this two day course you’ll be able to confidently work with the key materials and equipment needed to make a wide variety of complex and realistic sugar flowers, essential to making beautiful bouquets for floral cake designs. Whilst the flowers are taught in our signature style, the skills and techniques you will learn can also be used for different varieties of sugar flowers.
You’ll leave the class with a stunning selection of sugar flowers to use in a bouquet or to attach individually to a cake, and a broad selection of skills and techniques to make more of your own sugar flowers.
During the two days, you’ll have the opportunity to take a tour of our professional cake design studio and kitchen (conveniently located next to the classroom), as well as meeting Rosalind and the team for a Q&A. Plus there’ll be lots of useful hints and tips to take home, learned and developed over the years.
At the end of the course you’ll receive a Rosalind Miller The Studio Certificate in Sugar Flower Making.
- This class is taught by Rosalind
* Please note, the class does not include making every single flower pictured, and some of the flowers made are not pictured
What you will learn:
- How to make wired petals using our quick and easy technique
- How to make wired closed peonies
- How to make wired anemones with realistic stamens
- How to make beautifully realistic old English roses (David Austen roses)
- How to make cattleya orchids
- How to assemble the various elements of the wired flowers together
- How to make wired and veined leaves
- How to realistically colour the flowers using edible dusts
- How to work confidently with flower paste and the essential tools for wired sugar flower making
- Finishing with an in-depth discussion on arranging your sugar flowers on a cake and the overall design using the flowers
- Price: £435.00 incl. VAT
Timings: 10.30am -4.30pm (with 30 mins – 1 hour for lunch). Please note, the class may run over depending on the speed of the group on the day.
What you will take home: The sugar flowers you have made during the class.
What we provide: We have a fully equipped, purpose-built studio, and provide all the tools and equipment you need during the class, as well as an apron to wear during the class (to be returned at the end of the class), and a box to take your flowers home.
What you need to bring: Please bring a comfy pair of clean shoes (you will be standing for a large part of the class), something to tie your hair back, and a large sturdy bag to take your flowers home in. We recommend driving or taking a cab home if possible. For lunch there plenty of local cafes and shops within a few minutes of our studio.
Booking Conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Rosalind Miller Cakes. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances, including if we do not have the minimum number of students booked onto the class. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full refund for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class.