Are you looking to improve your cake baking skills and bake a delicious and moist cake every time? We’ve got you covered with tips and tricks from our team of professional bakers at Rosalind Miller Cakes.
Tips and Tricks from our Professional Bakers
- Mix your batter just enough: Overmixing your batter can cause your cake to become tough and dry. Instead, mix your batter until all the ingredients are just combined. This prevents the air from being beaten out and will ensure a moist and fluffy cake.
- Use high-quality ingredients: Choosing high-quality flour, sugar, and butter will ensure the best flavour and texture. You can also add ingredients like sour cream, yogurt, or applesauce to add extra moisture to your cake.
- Use room temperature ingredients: Using room temperature ingredients, particularly your butter and eggs, will ensure the ingredients mix together evenly. Cold ingredients can cause your cake to be dry and dense.
- Check your cake regularly: Every oven is different, so check your cake regularly and use a toothpick or cake tester to check if it’s done. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Get creative with cake decorating: There are many ways to decorate a cake, including buttercream frosting, Swiss meringue buttercream, whipped cream, fruit, ingredients from the cake, fresh or edible flowers. Get creative and experiment with different decorations to add flavour as well as visual appeal to your cake.
By following these tips and tricks from our in-house team of professional bakers, you’ll be able to bake a delicious and moist cake every time.
Cake Baking and Decorating Classes
Of course, if you’re really dedicated to becoming a master cake baker, then our Online Cake Baking Masterclass or in-person London Studio Classes, developed by an award-winning expert team, are just what you need.
To get some inspiration for your own expertly baked cakes and to see the beautiful cakes our expert bakers turn out, follow our Instagram page.