1 NEW SPACE AVAILABLE!
During this three day three tiered wedding cake course, weÂ will teach you how to bake, stack and decorate a professionally finishedÂ three tiered wedding cake.
You will learn all the essential skills and detailed techniques needed to layer, fill, and cover a sponge cake with chocolate ganache, before covering with sugarpaste to achieve perfect sharp edges. You will learn how to cover both sponge tiers and dummy tiers, and how to stack your cake. You will also learn the techniques for making realistic wired sugar anemones and filler flowers, and arranging them elegantly on the cake, as well as royal icing piping techniques.
This in-depth course will not only teach you howÂ to make a professional wedding cake, but with our expertise and guidance, you will gain the confidence needed to createÂ designs and creations of your own.Â At the end of the class you will have your very own masterpiece to take home.
In our friendly and relaxed studio, you are encouraged to ask us any baking and decorating questions you can think of. Rosalind and the team are always happy to pass on tips of the trade and industry know-how.
Please note, you will learn how to make a 3 tierÂ versionÂ in the styleÂ of the cake design pictured (yourÂ final cake will not be the same size as pictured and will have fewer flowers.).
What you will learn:
- How to bake our signature moist Madagascan Vanilla sponge cake – the delicious foundation for a perfect cake
- How to level your cakes so that they have perfect flat surfaces
- How to cut your cakes to prepare for filling
- How to make silky and light Swiss meringue buttercream for filling
- How to fill your cake
- How to make and work confidently with sugar flower paste
- How to work with essential tools –Â cutters, moulds, and veiners – using various techniques
- How to make to make exquisite and realistic sugar flowers
- How to realistically colour the sugar flowers with edible colour dusts – optional
- How to wire your sugar flowers for fixing to the cake
- How to make chocolate ganache for covering your cake
- How to cover the cake with chocolate ganache to create perfect sharp edges
- How to cover the cake with sugarpaste icing
- How to cover the board with sugarpaste icing
- Finishing your sugar flowers
- Dowling and stacking your cake
- How to pipe patterns with royal icing onto your cake
- How to beautifully arrange and safely attach the sugar flowers to the cake
- How to box and safely transport your cake
Timings: 10.30am â 5.00pm (with a break for lunch) each day
* Please note, throughout the course some days will vary, with some finishing earlier and some finishing later, but this will not affect the overall contents of the course.
Price: Â£585.00 incl. VAT
What we provide and what you need to bring:Â We provide all the equipment and ingredients for the class, and a box to carry your creation home. There are local places to buy lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own. We will provide tea and coffee. Please bring an apron.
Booking conditions: Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund if you need to cancel your booking. We reserve the right to cancel the class if we do not have the minimum required number of students booked. However, in the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class, you will be offered a full refund or a transfer of your booking to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possibleÂ if we need to cancel a class.